Saturday, March 29, 2014

March 30, 2014 - Give Up on Giving Up

If you've stumbled onto this blog you should know that this week's sermon is very contextual. It doesn't lend itself well to lots of notes. With that, here's a couple.

Some info on Ephesians. Note as always that I'm not endorsing the site this info comes from or the overall beliefs of those who run it. This page does have some helpful information though.

Donor fatigue is not the same thing as campaign fatigue, but it's real too. Campaign fatigue means that as an organization we're tired. Donor fatigue has to do more with specific individuals. I am eternally grateful to those donors who have time and time again supported St. Paul's financially.

As ridiculous as it sounds to some, compassion fatigue is very real. There's a whole website devoted to it. If you think this may apply to you specifically then you might check it out.

1 comment:

  1. 8:00-8:15 Prayer time centered around seeing the St. Paul's community continuing its mission. I have experienced the Holy Spirit working through others as they become the hands, feet, and heart of Christ. Sometimes I have felt like giving up. Can I give up on giving up? A genuine smile, a cheerful hello, a heart-felt hug upon entering St. Paul's…the arms and voice, and smile of Christ, refreshes me and re-fills my cup. I am energized to give again, serve again. Quiet, subtle, sneaky miracles are waiting for you at the door.

    ReplyDelete