Sunday, February 24, 2013

Jesus the Healer

The Choir's anthem at 11:00 worship was Fanny Crosby's wonderful hymn Pass Me Not, O Gentle Savior. The lyrics are below.

As you read the lyrics, I encourage you to imagine yourself as one of the lepers that Jesus healed (Luke 17:11-19). What would you do after the healing? How do you respond in real life when you sense God working for good in your life? Then imagine one of the "untouchables" in your life as the one crying out to Jesus. Remember that as Jesus reached out to the lepers, Jesus wants us to reach out to all people.
 
Pass me not, O gentle Savior,
Hear my humble cry;
While on others Thou art calling,
Do not pass me by.
 
Refrain:
Savior, Savior,
Hear my humble cry,
While on others Thou art calling,
Do not pass me by.
 
Let me at Thy throne of mercy
Find a sweet relief;
Kneeling there in deep contrition,
Help my unbelief.

Trusting only in Thy merit,
Would I seek Thy face;
Heal my wounded, broken spirit,
Save me by Thy grace.

Thou the spring of all my comfort,
More than life to me,
Whom have I on earth beside Thee,
Whom in Heav’n but Thee.

No comments:

Post a Comment