Sunday, March 3, 2013

Practicing Patience

As I was preparing this week's message on the discipline of patience I had to learn patience myself! I started in an entirely different direction and ended up reworking and reworking all the way up until 8:00 Sunday morning. Part of my problem was that I kept rushing to the Easter story. But then I wouldn't be practicing the patience I was preaching about!

If you're at a time in life where patience is hard, you might look at this video. It's not about patience, it's about Good Friday and Easter. It's a good reminder, though, that in all of our trials and tribulations something better is on the way.

If you'd like to see a longer version of the Marshmallow Test video look here. And here's the link to the Wikipedia entry on the test.

If you weren't in worship, you can find the audio online here. And a reminder of this week's question: "Just as Jesus showed us patience and discipline in waiting, we should try to be more patient as well. In what part of life must you learn to be more patient?"

No comments:

Post a Comment